Regional Sales ManagerApply Job ID REF5787M Date posted 04/14/2022 Address Any, Houston, Texas Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is a consultative sales leadership role responsible for leading team of sales representatives in working with the end users and all levels of the Distributor network to pull through profitable business with targeted accounts. The RSM is responsible for territory management, identifying and qualifying customer’s needs, developing new sales opportunities, and optimizing existing accounts to increase product market share and new product sales. This position reports to the National Sales Manager.
• Responsible for total sales of assigned product segment and skus within a defined regional territory.
- Industrial MRO Zone: LPS (Ind MRO SKUs), Dykem (Ind MRO SKUs), SCRUBS, Dymon and Spray Nine
• Meet or exceed sales plan for the defined segment / zone for the sales period.
• Develop strategic vision for the assigned segment and communicate it through the segment/zone sales organization
• When required, develop sales forecasts (In-Month, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual, etc…) and develop tactical plans to meet those forecasts.
• Engage in required meetings, summits, strategic planning sessions with distribution partners as required.
• Manage all SFDC activities (Contracts, Funnel management, SPAs etc…) for the segment/zone.
• Provide all reporting and analysis as required by the business management team.
• Supervise all assigned employees
• Provide direction on the execution of division strategies.
• Provide documented coaching as required.
• Enhance the skills and knowledge of all assigned employees through onboarding or constant improvement processes.
• Ensure compliance with timelines for all Workday activities, required trainings and any additional necessary requirements such as Dayforce vacation tracking.
• When required, implement Performance Improvement Plans to aid underperforming employees in meeting expectations.
• Provide regular feedback on performance as well as meet the timeline required for mid-year and end of year reviews.
• Assign stretch activities to high performing talent to help ensure growth opportunities are identified for their career development.
• Manage on-boarding of all new employees by ensuring they are given the necessary training in the business to be effective.
• Ensure all sales team members within the segment are properly compensated for their sales through the use of Direct and POS sales data.
• Perform all required direct sales roles in assigned region/territory.
• Manage vacant regions/territories within the assigned business segment.
• Manage all international business within the assigned business segment. (Direct management can be assigned to another team member as part of their territory when necessary)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in sales in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook. Strong written, verbal and collaborative communication skills.
• Experienced in conducting effective and professional sales/product training via in person or virtual (Webinar), to groups and various media forums.
• Experience in successful sales strategy formulation and execution.
• Proven experience in meeting sales goals/quotas and ability to prospect and close sales to new and existing customers.
• Knowledge of marketing principles and experienced in gathering market intelligence and conducting competitive analysis.
• Business classes/ seminars including organization and time management, Business Administration and various sales helpful.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage priorities and work independently as well as on a team.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Well-developed emotional quotient, able to relate well to people at all levels inside and outside the organization such as operators, executives, suppliers, customers, etc.
• Commitment and willingness to strive toward achieving goals and business objectives. Acts with a sense of urgency to drive results.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and willing to take initiative with focus on the key initiatives and opportunities for improvement and growth.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, follows directions well and can work with little or no supervision.
• Able to adapt effectively to changes in the work environment in a positive manner; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customers.
• Able to effectively work with and through others in a collaborative environment.
• Takes ownership and drives positive change.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in working with all levels of company and outside resources.
• Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
• Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
• Knowledge and experience in International business development and sales between US and Canada to include export requirements, currency conversion and business customs.
• Ability to travel 75% or more for business demands; includes overnight
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.