NPD Engineering ManagerApply Job ID REF5327F Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
ITW Global Brands is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Houston, TX team. In this role, the associate will partner with internal and external teams to identify new product development opportunities for wiper blades in the automotive aftermarket. The associate will lead technology innovation for the wiper blade business and work closely with the cross-functional team to understand and identify market and industry trends to discover new technologies.
· Drive new technology development by identifying new technology and creating roadmaps that align with key market and customer trends.
· Deliver innovative new products. Drive innovation through strong understanding of markets, customer needs and research into adjacent markets and technologies. Ability to translate customer needs and pain points into a value proposition supported by a strong business case.
· Understand the competitive landscape and the supplier landscape. Be the foremost technical representative for the portfolio of products. Maintain an understanding of emerging products and technologies to promote innovation and stay ahead of competition.
· Think strategically. Partner with marketing and supply chain to scope projects and execute strategic initiatives.
· Build strong relationships. Collaborate across marketing, application engineering/design, manufacturing, purchasing/sourcing, quality, customer service and project management to ensure business goals are achieved.
· Mentor and develop a team of customer-focused engineers.
· Enhance engineering excellence and commercialization process for new products.
· Ability to work with R&D and vendors to mitigate risks, address any issues and challenges to drive quality and timely product delivery.
· Strong communication skills both within the team, across peers and upward to leadership.
· Champion ITW culture within the team, including CBI and 80/20.
· Identify and develop future talent in anticipation of future business requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited university
· A minimum of 7 years of product design engineering
· A minimum of 3 years coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers
· Mechanical engineering expert with creative ability to brainstorm, ideate and enhance ITW’s innovation and ideation processes
· Experience developing automotive wiper blades and/or other automotive aftermarket products
· Experience developing IoT or connected product solutions is a plus
· Significant experience leading and driving innovation and technology roadmaps
· External supplier and design firm engagement and management experience
· Knowledge of automotive aftermarket industry or retail focused product development and design engineering
· Travel ~20%
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Limited physical effort required. Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some exposure to physical risk in production and lab areas, which may include limited exposure to chemicals, heat, humidity, machinery with moving parts, and noise. PPE required.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Global Brands is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.