New Product Development Project ManagerApply Job ID REF4609U Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
ITW Global Brands is seeking a New Product Development (NDP) Project Manager to join our Houston, TX team. In this role, the associate will partner with internal and external teams to lead the development of new appearance chemicals and wiper blades for the automotive aftermarket retail customer, ensuring all deliverables are completed on time and within budget. The associate will lead cross-functional NPD project teams and leverage best practice project management methodologies per the ITW commercialization process.
• Partner with leadership to define project scope and key performance indicators, and deliverables
• Lead cross-functional team in planning and execution of the project schedules, budget and resource requirements using standard project management methodologies (e.g. stakeholder management, project risk management, etc.)
• Ensure team works collaboratively with external suppliers and provides timely responses to questions pertaining to design requirements, document reviews and deliverables
• Ensure appropriate stakeholders are involved in key decisions and facilitate the decision-making process
• Maintain and communicate project status to stakeholders
• Facilitate resolution of technical and interpersonal issues within the team and escalate issues as appropriate
• Optimize team performance by championing ITW culture within the team
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Science) or Business
• A minimum of 5 years’ working experience including 2+ years practical project management experience
• Experience in commercialization and New Product Development on short cycle times
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects with complexity at one time
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of audiences (leaders, peers, and team members) through excellent oral and written communication
• Solid understanding of project management best practices, methodologies and tools
• Demonstrated ability to identify appropriate stakeholders to drive timely decision making
• Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity to resolve conflict, effectively build teams, and influence others without direct authority
• PMP Certified
• External supplier management experience
• Deep understanding and experience with design control and quality system processes and requirements
• Knowledge of automotive aftermarket industry or retail focused product development
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.