Marketing Associate, Customer MarketingApply Job ID REF6982I Date posted 06/22/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
The Marketing Associate will support the development and implementation of successful account-specific marketing activities including account-specific promotions, displays, merchandising, brand and category education, digital and social media campaigns, and program performance analysis for key accounts (i.e. Walmart, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, Amazon, Dollar General, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Napa etc.) for all retail brands (Rain-X, Black Magic and Gumout) within the ITW Global Brands U.S.-based retail channels. Contribute to the team’s efforts to drive revenue and margin.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with the Senior Marketing and Group Managers to develop account specific marketing programs to drive sales at retailers. Marketing programs include: retailer specific promotions, digital campaigns, social media campaigns, special packs and displays, point-of-sale materials, consumer education, etc.
2. Develops, implements and tracks the performance of retailer-specific marketing activities for key accounts for ITW Global Brands retail brands.
3. Perform analysis of marketing programs and displays to determine margin, revenue, ROI, etc. In addition, perform post-analysis of executed promotions and displays to determine the success or failure, as well as future viability.
4. Work closely with supply chain, finance, sales, and retailers to develop and coordinate successful and on time implementation of marketing programs
5. Develop annual promotional plans for retailers as assigned
6. Maintain budgets for retailer marketing programs
7. Work closely with brand and sales teams to support the successful sell-in of new items.
8. Provide input to sales for line reviews, and in many cases, join sales in accounts meetings
9. Maintain strong working relationship with sales, brand, supply chain, finance and outside suppliers.
10. Maintain and analyze the monthly display activity and COGs reports.
11. Maintain monthly promotional deck across specific accounts
12. Ensure all customer/promotional messages are consistent with brand strategy and delivers against consumer/customer insights.
13. Develop an understanding of the brand portfolios, competition, and key competitive edges. Manage and distribute monthly competitive deck.
14. Lead and manage retail trade show planning, coordination and messaging, soliciting cross-functional input and alignment to ensure accurate brand messaging and exceeding customer needs
1. 4-year undergraduate degree in a Marketing or Sales discipline.
2. 3-5 years of experience in a Marketing role.
3. Self-motivated with ability to hit deadlines.
4. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
5. Excellent project manager, able to handle many activities and manage details that can help drive sales growth.
6. Clear understanding of general marketing principles.
7. Analytical skills.
8. Excellent organizational skills & strong attention to detail.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.