Machine Operator - VALERON STRENGTH FILMSApply Job ID REF247P Date posted 01/15/2021 Address 9505 Bamboo Road, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s business model relies on:
- 80/20 Business Process
- Costumer-Back innovation
- Decentralized Entrepreneurial Culture
Since 1965, Valéron Strength Films has specialized in manufacturing high-strength, cross-laminated high-performance plastic films. Our films offer unparalleled performance in demanding construction, packaging, print media and hundreds of other applications worldwide. Valéron Strength Films has production facilities in Houston, Texas and Essen, Belgium along with a sales office in Shanghai, China.
“With world class technical support, we reliably deliver differentiated strength films enabling construction and targeted brand owners to sell more product to end users who trust them to perform in demanding applications”
The starting pay for this position is 16.65\hour
The ability to work a rotating schedule (one month days, one month nights) on 12-hour shifts is required.
- Commitment to a safe work environment
- Set up and shut down machine according to specifications of work order.
- Works on different types of equipment to carry out a particular phase of the production cycle
- Is responsible for taking care of routine machine maintenance and keeping work area in neat condition
- Must be able to learn to how to operate industrial machines such as extruders, electrical hoist and tower equipment
- Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts by initiating and participating in problem-solving/improvements, recommending ideas/changes to business. processes, procedures, materials and equipment and implementing recommendations
- Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned.
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, write routine reports/correspondence
- Basic math and reading skills to calculate and enter roll data on appropriate forms, weigh rolls, read work instructions and PLC monitors
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, and material handling equipment
- Attention to accuracy/detail
- Sufficient visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect rolls produced for defeats
- Recognize sounds of moving equipment and machinery for safety purposes. Work with constant noise at a level requiring the use of earplugs
- Demonstrate good job attendance and punctuality
- Prior industrial manufacturing experience a plus, not required
- Environmental Conditions:(Dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, toxic conditions, work hazards, etc.) Controlled environment, noise from refrigeration equipment, etc. – Activity: Work is performed in doors on concrete floors involving extreme temperatures. Requires safety shoes, ear plugs, and safety glasses. Must be able to occasionally climb stairs and work elevations of more than 20 feet. Work in high noise levels that requires ear plugs. Must be physically able to exert up to 60 pounds of push force and up to 80 pounds of pull force.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, reach outward, and drive; occasionally twist/turn, crawl, reach above shoulder, stand, walk, bend, and grasp with hands.
- The employee must carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and push and pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include concentrated attention, close vision, far vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to bring object into sharp focus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.