R&D Lab TechnicianApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF5526H Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Global Brands, a leader in the automotive aftermarket with brands such as Rain-X, Black Magic, Gumout, Fix-A-Flat, Slime, Permatex, Fast Orange and Spray Nine. As a part of a Fortune 200 company, we are focused on integrity and providing consumer benefit through our portfolio and support.
This position is an active member of the ITW Global Brands innovation team, tasked with ideating, developing, and bringing to market new and unique products that complement the Car Care portfolio of brands.
Summary: This individual will be responsible for conducting test and analysis in the R&D Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Run analytical or other testing equipment is required (mechanic aptitude to use and build testing apparatus / equipment / tools)
· Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment. Calibrates laboratory instruments.
· Ensure the accuracy of testing results and verify each result
· Communicate test findings to multiple stakeholders (i.e., formulators, engineers, management)
· Packaging performance testing preferred. (i.e., compatibility, top load test, environmental stress crack resistant test, bottle dimensional analysis).
· Monitors experiments, makes observations, calculates and records results, and develops conclusions
· Process/input test data to excel, compose plots and graphs, and organize data for PowerPoint reports
· Develop testing procedures and methods
· Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas
· Ability to keep detailed technical records/notebooks
· Carry out assigned tests with minimal supervision and properly document all results and/or observations
· Assist others with daily tasks, as well as, short- and long-term projects
· Maintain communication between supervisors and coworkers
· Provide backup support to the other technician as needed
· Hands-on and self-motivated
· Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with peers and colleagues
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating / maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Perform and document monthly safety inspections on all safety showers, eyewash stations, and fire extinguishers
· Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized laboratory
· Ensure all chemicals are properly stored and maintain chemical inventory
· Maintain and calibrate laboratory instrumentation
· Follow company security policies, protect all test data, and company property
· Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and ensure extra PPE is readily available for guests
Minimum 3-7 years experience
B.S Material Science or Polymer Science degree preferred but will consider experience in lieu of degree
Packaging engineering experience a plus.
**Must be local to the Houston area.**
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.