Environmental Health & Safety Intern, Summer 2023Apply Job ID REF8350N Date posted 10/20/2022 Address 9505 Bamboo Road, Houston, TX Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion USD in 2020. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required.
Since 1965, Valéron Strength Films, a division of ITW, has specialized in manufacturing high-strength, cross-laminated high-performance plastic films used in hundreds of different applications worldwide. Our films offer unparalleled performance in demanding construction, packaging, print media and other strength and specialty film applications. Valéron Strength Films has production facilities in Houston, Texas and Essen, Belgium along with a sales office in Shanghai, China.
We strive every day to foster a proactive safety culture through the execution of our Enterprise Safety Strategy, which is based on a philosophy that every accident is preventable and with a goal of zero accidents. Our division-driven approach ensures we have a shared responsibility to protect the well-being of every ITW colleague.
The Environmental Health & Safety Intern will assist in safety programs, implementing engineered solutions, and in EHS compliance and regulation. They will assist in implementing ITW’s Enterprise Safety Strategy in Valeron’s manufacturing plant in Houston, TX. This position will report to the EHS Manager. This internship program will last 10-weeks beginning in May of 2023.
- Review, evaluate and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent workplace injuries.
- Develop safety audit checklist & perform safety inspections enforcing adherence to safety standards and correction of potential hazards.
- Active interactions with production operators, supervisors and managers to implement safety programs
- Participate in safety meetings & assist in conducting safety training/education programs.
- Investigate safety incidents for root cause analysis.
- Participate in safety committee.
- Prepare and/or review specifications or orders for the purchase of PPE.
- Responsible for managing time to assure timely completion of assignments and projects.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Currently a Junior or Senior majoring in Engineering, Environment Science, Occupational Safety or related major.
- Possess strong analytics, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Has demonstrated interest or experience in EHS or workplace safety.
- Ability to work on-site during the 10-week internship program
- Maintain confidentiality while supporting employee relations concerns
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.