ControllerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9729S Date posted 03/10/2023 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW's approximately 43,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company's decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
As a key member of the Car Care divisional leadership team, the Division Controller will partner with the Vice President and General Manager (VP/GM) to successfully lead and profitably grow the division.
The Division Controller will act as a business partner and facilitator amongst the dynamic backdrop of one the largest divisions within ITW. The Controller’s scope and influence extends beyond the accounting practice and helps drive our division’s core growth deliverables by helping guide and consult on the financial and forecasting implications of all business decisions related to product, customer, promotion, and people. Ability to cultivate and maintain trusting partnerships with core commercial and operational functional leaders across the division and platform is a must. Key responsibilities include financial reporting and analysis, maintenance of internal accounting controls, compliance with financial policies and procedures, oversight of operational accounting processes and development of a strong accounting and finance team.
- Partners with the leadership team to develop and execute annual and long-range plans based on in-depth understanding of financial analysis of potential capital investments, acquisition opportunities, restructuring projects and other critical ad-hoc opportunities
- Oversees day-to-day financial operations/processes including, but not limited to Accounts Payable, Credit/Collections, and Inventory/Cost Accounting
- Prepares monthly financial statements and the financial analysis of results as well as provides variance explanations for actuals compared to plan, forecast and prior year
- Manages the financial planning and forecasting processes
- Delivers accurate and timely monthly financial forecasts
- Provides measurable and accurate financial targets to evaluate the performance of the business
- Works with the VP/GM and functional leaders to develop the annual and long range plans
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas.
- Leads, drives, and implements changes to simplify processes and eliminate complexity within the business that will enhance financial performance in alignment with the ITW business model
- Identifies, leads, and develops talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in exceeding division and functional goals
- Develop and lead a proficient diverse Finance team by implementing an organizational structure focused on profitable growth, improving customer satisfaction and simplifying business processes.
- Act with Integrity and candor in all areas of influence.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required; Master degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in financial reporting and analysis, cost reduction, inventory costing and control, operational accounting and financial statement management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial management role with direct people leadership responsibility
- Demonstrated experience leading and working within successful cross-functional project teams
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and business intelligence software tools
- Frequent travel to customer and company sites is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must be authorized to work in the United Sates.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.