Brand Manager - Car Appearance BrandsApply Job ID REF6450S Date posted 05/10/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
This role will be responsible for managing and executing the brand and marketing initiatives in support of our flagship Appearance brands, Rain-X and Black Magic.
S/he will support the Senior Brand Manager to help grow the brands.
The candidate should have a track record of delivering results while exhibiting leadership capabilities. The role will lead the business with team members from multiple departments (Finance, R&D, Supply Chain, Sales, MARCOM, etc.)
This role will be responsible for managing and executing the brand and marketing initiatives in support of our flagship Car Appearance brands, Rain-X and Black Magic. These are well-known top-tier brands making high-quality DIY-friendly products that take care of your car appearance, e.g. glass cleaners, car washes, tire care, wheel cleaners, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Senior Brand Manager to develop and implement the brands’ holistic 6Ps strategies (Positioning, Product, Packaging, Price, Placement, Promotion/Marketing).
• Learn about the target consumers and become their advocate in everything we do on the brands.
• Proactively stay tuned into latest market trends, POS data, consumer insights and customer feedback to understand drivers of current performance, actions to take and unlock actionable insights, new product ideas and recommendations.
• Collaborate with consumer insight and category management to create product innovation tracker
• Cultivate relationships with key internal parties to effectively lead cross-functional teams in product management, whether new product development, Core product improvement or product line optimization.
• Partner with Sales to understand customers well. Help create brand materials needed for National Sales Meeting (NSM), key retailers’ line reviews, and attend those meetings to share brand strategy, celebrate success and sell in new products.
• Be the branding expert to provide good guidance to external agencies and internal creative teams on marketing campaigns and creatives.
• Coordinate the TIMELY creation and execution of brand marketing support deliverables for Core and New products such as website development, product announcement content, demo videos, A+ Ecommerce content, etc.
• Conduct regular portfolio lifecycle assessment and manage the discontinuation process of outdated/slow-moving products.
• Manage brand budget, reporting and invoicing
• Partner with Consumer Insights Manager on qualitative and quantitative tests per brand needs.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years Consumer Product Marketing and/or Brand Management experience or MBA with minimum 2 years Consumer Product Marketing and/or Brand Management experience (preferred)
• Experience in effectively aligning, motivating, and leading internal cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills to effectively influence, interact, and present to various stakeholders
• Clear understanding of general marketing principles
• Strong analytical skills and proactive / solutions-oriented problem solving
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Proven ability to effectively manage & prioritize multiple, complex projects simultaneously
• Experience in identifying New Product Innovation opportunities with consumers and customers in mind
• Experience in identifying/managing creative partners/agencies to create relevant & engaging content
• Demonstrate passion for the business/brands
• Working knowledge of basic financial principles, some P&L experience
• Must be able to travel up to 10 – 15 % of time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.