AccountantApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF8594N Date posted 11/21/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Global Brands, a leader in the automotive aftermarket with brands such as Rain-X, Black Magic, Gumout, Fix-A-Flat, Slime, Permatex, Fast Orange and Spray Nine. As a part of a Fortune 200 company, we are focused on integrity and providing consumer benefit through our portfolio and support.
We are looking for a self-motivated Accountant to join our team in Houston, Texas. This position is open due to business growth and reports to the Car Care Division Accounting Manager. In this position, you will play an important role in the Car Care Division’s manufacturing and operations ensuring accuracy in accounting and reporting as well as compliance with financial policies. This position is for an experienced accountant with developed system, excel, and financial reporting skills as well as a strong ability to learn new processes quickly. It is expected that this position will continue progressing in complexity of accounting understanding and activities as well as advance into more levels of responsibility in reporting and accounting operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly and quarterly entries, book closing, account reconciliations, and account analysis with appropriate internal control documentation and support for assigned areas, including but not limited to inventory value, cost of goods sold, capitalization of certain costs, and valuation entries.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity within Manufacturing, Intercompany, Inventory and Cost while working with cross-functional peers to resolve issues.
- Assist in reviews, analyzes, investigates, and reports on monthly financial statement results.
- Assist in and ensure successful internal and external audits.
- Prepare and assist in various activities including Bank Reconciliation, Royalties, AP Spending, Sales and Use tax, Fixed Asset and Capital Expenditure requests.
- Actively participate in process improvement opportunities and assist in implementation as required.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in Accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- 5 + years of accounting competency with strong understanding of the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process, and manufacturing principles.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
- JD Edward/ HFM experience a plus.
- Results driven and proactive; strong desire to own and execute area of responsibility with excellence.
- High competency with accounting software, spreadsheets, databases, data extraction, and MS tools.
- Highly organized, good time management and attention of detail.
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships within Accounting as well as cross-functionally outside Accounting to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Adaptability/flexibility to change as company requires.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Katie Craig at (440) 914-3166. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.