Quality Technician II (1st & 3rd Shift)Apply Job ID REF6777W Date posted 06/08/2022 Address 60 East 48th Street, Holland, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.) is a Fortune 200 company and is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, automotive components, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with operations in 55 countries and an employee base of more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
ITW Drawform & Sexton is a $200M USD Division within Illinois Tool Works’ Automotive Segment. It has an excellent reputation for delivering top results and exceeding customer expectations within the deep draw and aerosol can industries.
1. Perform routine and assigned receiving inspections, in-process inspections, and final inspections.
2. Perform first piece, last piece, and partial layouts on a regular basis.
3. Monitor product using the work station equipment, such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, rings and plugs.
4. Operate quality equipment such as the profilometer, contour scope, CMM, and optical comparator.
5. Generate and maintain quality documents in a neat and orderly manner.
6. Perform gage calibrations, gage R&Rs, and capability studies when required.
7. Support and assist production as necessary or required.
8. Make decisions concerning the production or shipment of nonconforming product.
9. Generate “Hold” tags to identify nonconforming or suspect product.
10. Perform work station audits as assigned.
11. Verify that SPC data is being correctly gathered, recorded, and monitored.
12. Gather paperwork, SPC data, and gages necessary for upcoming production jobs.
13. Assist with Quality activities such as training and tracking various quality metrics.
14. Write, maintain and revise CMM programs.
15. Responsible for inspection planning and improvement activities.
16. Responsible for gage design, acquisition, receipt and equipment calibration.
17. Perform internal corrective and preventive actions.
18. Perform internal audits as assigned or directed.
19. PPAP layouts and studies.
20. Lead in at least one functional area of Quality, such as CMM programming, gage calibration or SPC.
21. Comply with Drawform procedures, safety standards, and housekeeping practices.
22. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
· Knowledge of blueprint reading.
· Capability of accurately using all measurement equipment.
· Knowledge of SPC.
· Basic mathematics skills (i.e. geometry, trigonometry, shop math, conversions and basic algebra).
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Experience with CMM operation and programming preferred.
· Knowledge of GD&T.
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
To apply: mail resumes to HR; Ref Job Title; 500 N. Fairview Rd, Zeeland, MI 49464
THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FILING OF AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT
ALIEN LABOR CERTIFICATION. ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE EMPLOYER. ANY
PERSON MAY PROVIDE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE BEARING ON THE APPLICATION TO THE REGIONAL
CERTIFYING OFFICER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-5311
Washington, DC 20210
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.