Automation TechnicianApply Job ID REF3444D Date posted 08/25/2021 Address 60 East 48th Street, Holland, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Offering a unique approach to deep draw stamping, ITW Drawform is a globally recognized contract manufacturer. ITW Drawform is a leader in the automotive industry as well as the communication, fire protection, defense, lock hardware and plumbing industries.
To ensure the proper installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, programming and qualification of ITW Drawform’s computer-controlled systems and robotic devices while also troubleshooting any issues that might occur. Knowledge of PLCs, controls, pneumatics, mechanical actuators and computers are used to maintain and repair automation equipment.
- Assist engineering and plant staff with the specification, installation and modification of systems.
- Inspect and review manufacturing equipment installations for design and troubleshooting purposes.
- Ensure machines are properly calibrated.
- Perform routine, preventative maintenance on equipment including mechanical & electrical.
- Assess the condition of the device through documentation, inspection and testing in order to maintain the device's performance and determine the need for any repairs.
- Troubleshoot non-functioning components including servos, sensors, conveyance systems, and control components to maintain proper functionality of the equipment.
- Maintain washer system as needed.
- Log equipment usage, parts replacement, and scheduled maintenance to ensure maximum functionality.
- Periodically report to leadership regarding automation capabilities and equipment status.
- Maintain applicable knowledge of all essential automation functions.
- Assist in acquiring and maintaining essential and consumable maintenance supplies and inventories.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with their duties as directed.
- Operate all equipment safely.
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work without immediate supervision.
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams.
- Technical Schooling Preferred – Automation, Electrical, Robotics, Machine Shop.
- PLC troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to work at heights safely, using approved methods.
- Must be able to successfully complete a respirator fit test
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.