Materials Handler- Food MachinesApply Job ID REF2000Y Date posted 03/18/2021 Address 1495 North High Street, Hillsboro, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
At Hobart, an ITW Food Equipment Group LLC brand, it is our mission to provide premium food preparation equipment that foodservice and food retail professionals can trust to work hard and deliver quality, consistent results day in and day out, empowering them to focus on what they love most—creating great food for great people. From one plate to one thousand, Hobart helps you satisfy every appetite. Whether you need to mix, chop, grind or peel, our legendary equipment is the perfect partner. The Food Machines Division is part of ITW Food Equipment Group and is proud of our product catalog which includes commercial mixers, slicers, meat room equipment and food preparation equipment.
Our Material Handlers perform various duties related to the stocking, ordering and inventory maintenance of production parts in an assembly manufacturing environment.
· Placement of PO’s for specified parts, including C-item and inventory, review of exception reports to assist with notification and/or delivery of incoming product to production lines, materials group, production supervisors, etc.
· Inventory maintenance responsibility up to/including system updates for cycle counting and reporting, also assisting with cycle counting issues to troubleshoot root cause, resolution and alleviation of future occurrences, collaborate with Materials for Kan Ban set-up including creation and maintenance of cards, setting up bins and stocking areas, may assist with back-flushing inventory or updating records upon shipping
· Attention to detail – ensure materials are delivered and put away in correct areas, ensure accuracy in shipping documentation, ensure entries to Vantage & Epicor or other inventory functions are updated correctly, understands the correlation between inventory entry and financial impact, discovers or anticipates issues and communicates appropriately
· Coordinates all service orders, including entering sales order, notifying line supervisors and materials as required for manufactured parts and/or large orders that could impact plant production, keying of inventory, either inventory transfer or kan ban receipt, and packaging for shipment
Adherence to safety standards including, but not limited to, forklift inspection/maintenance, work-area housekeeping, and safe loading/unloading of semi- trailers and storage racks
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years inventory management experience or work in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adjust workflow based on business needs
- Flexibility with schedule to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of parts/application for use
- Basic math/measuring skills
- Vantage/ Epicor experience/ knowledge, UPS shipping software knowledge
- Forklift certification
- Understanding of MRD application and Kan Ban/ 2 bin system and differentiation of expense items compared to inventory parts, cycle counting procedures
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
ITW Food Equipment Group is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITWFEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
ITW Food Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at 937-840-5101 to request assistance
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.