AssemblerApply Job ID REF1738K Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 1495 North High Street, Hillsboro, OH Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Hobart is a part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that is a recognized leader among commercial food equipment worldwide. The Hobart Weigh Wrap manufacturing facility located in Hillsboro, OH, is seeking a qualified Assembler. At Hobart, different perspectives are valued, and everyone’s ideas are welcome. We maintain a diverse and inclusive culture. The selected candidate will be responsible for promoting an engaged, safe work environment, measuring productivity, understanding and reducing costs, and on-time delivery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Performs a wide variety of duties to assemble, check, test and repair in-process electronic and/or mechanical assemblies (sub or final)
· Assemble, align, fit, adjust clearances and make wiring connections among component parts and ensure proper function and conformance of parts and/or finished products
· Clean, file hand ream, tap, straighten broach, and set bearings and bushings, perform incidental greasing, filing or shimming on assemblies or component parts as needed
· Perform wiring/assembly of switches, motors, circuits, sensors, cables, etc.
· Work from prints, diagrams, sketches, routings, MPS sheets, schematics, oral instruction, written work instructions and photos
· Perform operational testing procedures throughout assembly process and make any required adjustments, diagnose/correct mechanical/electrical troubles such as misalignment, timing, non-functional, malfunctioning component parts or assemblies
· Detect unusual conditions, specific problems or quality issues during assembly process and report to proper supervision (assembly errors or component parts)
· Follow test records and final procedures to evaluate the quality of the product, check field repairs, institute/make repairs, and retest
· Use hand tools, portable power tools, fixtures and gauges to build/measure performance of assemblies, sub-assemblies, component parts and complete units, procure additional tools/fixtures required if necessary
· Pack/move assemblies by using hand tools, power tools, hoists, and powered lift trucks
· Pack component parts/finished products and hand load on pallets,
· Complete/file finished product testing and product identifying documentation
· Assist in maintaining inventories by making transactions to reflect material changes, cycle counting, and notifying supervision when shortages are imminent
· Reorder, cycle count and stock parts in designated locations using Kan Ban and various other inventory stocking methods
· Observe good housekeeping/sustainability practices and follow all safety requirements, including preventative maintenance and inspection of tools and material handling devices
· Work and communicate well with others in a cross-functional team environment
· Train others as required to pass on acquired job knowledge
· Adhere to all plant rules and maintain proper attendance standards according to company policy
· Performs additional duties as required by supervisor
· Must be able to physically perform (stand, pivot, lean, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds) as job assignment requires
· High School Diploma or GED
· Previous Hobart assembly experience is preferred
· Fundamental knowledge of computer/electronic handheld device
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
ITW Food Equipment Group is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITWFEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
ITW Food Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at 937-840-5101 to request assistance
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.