Shipping AdministratorApply Job ID REF5422I Date posted 04/14/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
The successful candidate will be part of the team with responsibility for the import and onward delivery processes of Instron products. This includes ensuring the supporting shipping and banking documentation is correct and processed to facilitate the arrival of products at destination on agreed dates. Additionally, management of small package shipments for Over the Counter (OTC) parts.
- The role contains a wide range of activities, with responsibilities for:
- Booking of deliveries according to customer & revenue requirements
- Daily imports & management of import register
- Updating weekly report on period’s shipments
- Letters of Credit management
- Application of Chamber of Commerce documents
- Manage OTC shipments
- Preparation of shipment consolidation
- Ad hoc support to the team
- Understanding of product shipment procedures (import & Export) including awareness of incoterms
- Knowledge of Letters of Credit (not essential but preferred).
- Keenness to learn and develop new skills.
- Sound analytical and interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- A good demonstration of prioritisation within a multi-function role.
- Strong communication skills, internally and externally, with the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial departments.
- A high standard of computer literacy including Excel/Word at advanced level (VLOOKUP’s essential)
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note due to the security associated with air freight shipments on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority, the successful candidate will require additional pre-employment checks and standard criminal records check prior to start. Initial training will be followed by refresher training and relevant ID checks at the relevant anniversary dates.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.