Senior Planner T&TApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9815U Date posted 03/17/2023 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is based within Instron’s European Operations Department and will be located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
This role is to plan and manage the supply of parts and assemblies for Transducer and Thermal products to customers both internal and external, within Instron agreed service levels whilst maintaining key targets including: On-time performance and MOH/Stock turns. This is achieve through effective working with production leaders and procurement.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Set expectations on deliveries and schedule customer orders.
- Provide Reports daily to cover output and missed targets
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis on any scheduling errors and implement improvements to mitigate repeats
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with key stakeholders, reviewing customer demand and inventory goals against set KPI’s
- Consolidation of various delivery commitments from Cell Leaders and Purchasing into one agreed order schedule, whilst achieving customer satisfaction.
- Processing Engineering Change Orders, Custom BoM releases and new product introductions into existing production plans.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to provide real-time information on production priorities, material supply and (on/behind target output data). This should include any challenges to delivery dates supply challenges with solutions or escalation requirements, as needed.
- Raising internal works orders and purchasing requirements to drive material through the supply chain to achieve on time performance and achieve Month On Hand targets.
- Provide accurate, timely and concise feedback in order to keep account reps / product support team members/supply chain appraised of delivery schedule changes at the earliest opportunity.
- Taking a leading role in the ongoing improvement in manufacturing data accuracy.
- Analyse product trends to ensure appropriate stock on hand (e.g. safety stock, MOH target)
- Maintenance of planning procedures and best practice to ensure continuity of supply, production and delivery in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain data integrity in the ERP system to enable KPIs reporting such as WIP monitoring, Work center utilisation, planning backlog, customer backlog, lead time /schedule attainment also management reports as required.
- To liaise on a weekly basis with the cell leaders and external stakeholders to communicate demand patterns and any supply issues affecting the performance of the Transducer and Thermal departments.
- Participate in Lean manufacturing projects and initiatives in support of the High Wycombe business
Key Competencies (includes skills)
- Understand Lean manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of ERP based MRP systems
- Via an ERP system, convert changes from ECO/NPI into existing product plans
- A leader in ongoing improvements in manufacturing data accuracy
- Numerate and computer literate
- Knowledge and expertise with Excel and data manipulation
- Analytical, methodical and accurate
- Driven and innovative
- Highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- A proactive, self-directed attitude towards work
- Good at communications both internal and external
- Experience of interaction with external suppliers. (desired not essential)
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
- Level 3 or above qualification in Manufacturing Planning or equivalent, desirable
- Worked in a manufacturing planning environment.
- Working in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Worked in high volume, engineered products manufacturing
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must have Right To Work in the UK.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.