Senior Mechanical EngineerApply Job ID REF8069X Date posted 09/27/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is based within Instron’s European Customer Back Innovation Engineering Department and will be located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of innovative products, supporting our Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers in managing all phases of a project, from initial concepts all the way though to overseeing the delivery of products into full production.
- Lead new products and services creation where technology is concerned using the Innovation processes and in partnership with the Project and Program team.
- Perform detailed design work, including documenting your work and proving / evaluating your design when necessary.
- Support Principal Engineers in managing and delivering new solutions and support of products in the field.
- Support Principal engineers with patent writing activities
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Support and mentor junior engineers, giving technical advice and creating an environment where they can reach their potential.
- Work effectively within a project team, highlighting challenges early and ensuring there is strong communication and transparency throughout the team.
- Deliver progress reports and presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Peer review fellow colleagues work (within your expertise), and deliver work packages for peer review as part of Project Management process.
- Responsible for the intrinsic safety and compliance of the overall design for overall systems
- Engineering skills with proven competence and appropriate postgraduate experience, with a particular flair for theoretical and analytical approach to design.
- Ability to lead engineering development tasks and influence the work of other Engineers
- Good experience with CAD packages (SolidEdge & Orcad preferred, but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical details effectively and with enthusiasm, often to people from a non-technical background
- Ability to lead the review of product specifications.
- Ability to work effectively with other engineering disciplines in the delivery of the system
Bachelors Degree or higher in Engineering – preferably Mechanical
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must have Right To Work in the UK.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.