Project Engineer – MechanicalApply Job ID REF8758U Date posted 12/01/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
Managing projects to develop bespoke thermal products and accessories to meet the testing needs of our customers not covered by our standard catalogue. Support of existing standard transducer and thermal products.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities’
- Detailed mechanical design (using CAD)
- Planning, budgeting, organisation, execution and control of projects
- Development and testing of bespoke products
- Ensuring designs adhere to all necessary technical and safety requirements
- Liaising with project stakeholders from Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Sales to ensure the best solution is found for the customer.
- Occasional visits to Customer site, where required, to assist in the commissioning of custom products.
Key Competencies (includes skills)
- Experience of project management
- Ability to generate theoretical and practical mechanical designs supported by technical calculations.
- Good knowledge of design, component selection, mechanical stress analysis and experimental methods of determining sound designs.
- High competency CAD user.
- Ability to inter‑relate with other disciplines.
- Ability to design for quality, performance, manufacturability, serviceability, reliability and cost‑effectiveness.
- Experience of using product life cycle management, enterprise resource planning and product data management software systems.
Degree level+ or equivalent with proven competence and appropriate postgraduate experience
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.