Junior AccountantApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10415Z Date posted 05/24/2023 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Finance Team who is a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a solid understanding of financial reporting and compliance.
• Manage the intercompany process for High Wycombe
• Manage the approval and processing of employee expense claims & purchasing cards
• Support Accounts Payable monthly reconciliations and supplier invoice processing
• Manage all UK bank reconciliations
• Manage the fixed assets process and reporting for Instron UK
• Manage intercompany and sales agents commission reconciliations and payments
• Support the UK Accountant in the financial processing of the monthly and annual payroll and benefits postings
• Support the UK Finance team with month end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
• Ad hoc financial reporting, analysis and support
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Manage the intercompany process for High Wycombe ensuring all accounts are reconciled monthly
• Manage the employee expense process ensuring claims are approved in line with policy and paid timely
• Manage purchasing cards, transactions postings and reconciliations for High Wycombe
• Manage the sales commission reconciliations, approvals and payments
• Manage the fixed assets process and reporting
• Support the financial transactional postings for the monthly payroll and benefits processes, working collaboratively with the HR team and UK Accountant
• Be the back-up for the AP Manager and support where required
• Manage the bank accounts, cash reporting and monthly reconciliations for Instron UK
• Prepare and post journal entries at month end in line with reporting deadlines & reconcile associated balance sheet accounts
• Support Finance Team members with journal preparation, reconciliations, analysis and reporting when required
• Ensure compliance with financial policies impacting each of the above tasks.
Key Experience and Competencies (includes skills)
• Awareness of financial reporting and compliance
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Strong time management and experience of multi- tasking
• A high standard of computer literacy. Intermediate Excel skills essential.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.