IT Infrastructure & Security EngineerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF6868Z Date posted 06/14/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is based within Instron’s European IT Department and will be located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
The Infrastructure and security engineer is responsible for the daily management and implementation of a secure, reliable network and systems infrastructure. The role provides second and third level technical support, acting as a point of escalation for our IT Operations team.
The role is responsible for problem analysis, documentation, resolution, as well as execution and management of IT projects.
- Management of our global network infrastructure. Activities include configuration and management of network switches, routers, firewalls, virtualised environment, servers, etc.
- Monitoring of network infrastructure performance, identification of bottlenecks, optimisation of infrastructure functions, and drafting of related policies and guidelines
- Introducing and integrating new technology into existing data centre environments.
- Participate as a member of the Cyber Security Incident Response Team, responding to and helping manage cyber security incidents.
- Ensure the IT Infrastructure, its data, files, and applications are protected against known threats and attacks
- Reacting to emerging threats to minimize any risk of comprise of the IT Infrastructure.
- Review and make recommendations to provide adequate levels of IT security in line with best industry practice and/or in response to new cyber threats.
- Provide technical support to staff on infrastructure and security related concerns.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Manage, monitor and maintain backups, and patching processes.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Keeping abreast of current developments in infrastructure and security technology.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry recognized Certifications in Networking, Microsoft, and Cyber Security related fields (CISSP, CCNA, MCSE).
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.