Infrastructure ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10440O Date posted 05/26/2023 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
The Infrastructure Manager role is responsible for leading Instron's Infrastructure team to ensure the smooth operation, maintenance, and development of our company's technical infrastructure. In addition, the role will collaborate closely with other IT departments to optimize system performance and ensure our infrastructure is operating efficiently and effectively.
This role requires a unique blend of technical expertise and leadership skills, guiding the team and providing hands-on technical support as needed. One of the primary goals is to maintain a high level of system availability and reliability while driving continuous improvement initiatives to enhance our infrastructure capabilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective, reliable, and efficient IT infrastructure platform that aligns with business objectives and supports the company's growth.
- Develop the technical capability of the team to deliver key objectives, providing guidance and mentorship to team members as needed.
- Ensure projects and day-to-day changes are effectively managed, ensuring timely and high-quality delivery.
- Drive innovation by introducing new and emerging technologies and ideas to enhance infrastructure services and identify opportunities to deliver services more efficiently.
- Be hands-on and lead by example in resolving operational issues, including complex technical problems.
- Effectively manage 3rd party suppliers, building and maintaining strong relationships and ensuring adherence to service level agreements.
- Manage the budget and financial aspects of the infrastructure platform, including contract renewals, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Infrastructure Lifecycle management to ensure hardware and operating systems remain current.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Industry qualifications in key technologies (Cisco/Microsoft).
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable management experience of people, process, and technology management in a mid-sized, globally dispersed environment
- Good organisational skills, and exposure to project delivery methodologies.
- Ability to deliver, drive and improve all aspects of infrastructure operations management.
- Troubleshooting and fault resolution experience.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform reports and calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present technical ideas and concepts in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.