Calibration Test Technician - Transducer ProductsApply Job ID REF7461V Date posted 08/05/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
The main focus of this role is the test of Transducers products, ensuring they meet the required performance and quality levels with additional responsibility for aiding the improvement of processes for the assembly and test of further products as directed by the Production Manager.
- Test of Transducers as directed by the Production Manager – Thermal and Transducers - using the latest relevant assembly processes and drawings, Test Specification Procedure (TSP) and calibrated test equipment.
- Assembly and testing of associated test load string and test fixtures and jigs.
- Fault diagnosis of units under test.
- Inspection and Packing of Customer Orders in accordance with current procedures.
- Use the appropriate fault reporting procedures, i.e. NCR’s, ESR’s, MSW’s and other quality tools using Agile.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe working environment. This includes: safe working practices e.g. housekeeping and use of Personal Protection Equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes and appropriate ESD precautions - anti-static clothing, wrist straps, etc)
- Ability to recognise potential hazards and take appropriate action in a controlled and safe way. Review relevant Risk Assessments, Safety Notice Boards and COSHH regulations and abide by them.
- Safe use of hand tools, fixtures, power tools, torque wrenches etc. and material handling equipment (i.e. overhead cranes, slings, eye bolts and pallet trucks).
- Use of computer systems to access information and process work, e.g. AGILE (for assembly drawings, quality reporting procedures) and IFS (for the management of product flow, investigating and correcting stock inaccuracies and cycle counting.)
- Contribute to the Company's efforts to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Understanding Customer and Shop Orders.
- A detailed knowledge of hand tools and tool selection.
- Electronic testing and fault diagnosis to component level.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering, Assembly and Manufacturing drawings.
- Computer literate with the ability to enter data into MS Excel and MS Word documents, as well as use of email.
- An Electro-mechanical / Electronic Wiring background.
- Experience with electro - mechanical and / or electronic assemblies (computers, electrical / electronic consumer goods). Experience from military, avionics or electronics industries.
- Ability to safely handle and move awkward and / or heavy items.
Full relevant training will be provided. As a minimum the following qualifications would be advantageous but not prescriptive.
- GCSE or equivalent level Mathematics.
- GCSE or equivalent Science base subject, preferably Physics.
- GCSE or equivalent Craft based subject, Woodwork, Metalwork, Design, Technology.
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must hold Right To Work in the UK.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.