Assembly and Test Technician – Transducer ProductsApply Job ID REF8264E Date posted 10/13/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is based within Instron’s European Operations Department and will be located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
Responsible for the assembly and test of Transducers – both Load Cells and Extensometers - ensuring they meet the required performance and quality levels with additional responsibility for aiding the improvement of processes for the assembly and test of further products as directed by the Production Manager – Thermal and Transducers.
- All employees are expected to use ITW toolbox techniques such as 80/20, PLS, In-lining, USa and where applicable MRD.
- Assembly and test of Transducers as directed by the Production Manager – Thermal and Transducers - using the latest relevant assembly processes and drawings, Test Specification Procedure (TSP) and calibrated test equipment.
- Correct assembly and testing of associated test load string and test fixtures and jigs.
- Fault diagnosis of units under test.
- Inspection and Packing of Customer Orders in accordance with current procedures.
- Correct fault reporting procedures, i.e. NCR’s, ESR’s, MSW’s and other quality tools using Agile.
- To ensure that the assembly and test areas are a safe working environment with focus on safe working practices including housekeeping and use of PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes and appropriate ESD precautions (anti-static clothing, wrist straps, etc)
- Aware of the whereabouts and contents of Risk Assessments, Safety Notice Boards and COSHH regulations and abide by them. Also to be able to recognise hazards and have the ability to take appropriate action in a controlled and safe way.
- Ensure that only when trained or authorised, using safe and regularly maintained hand tools, fixtures, power tools, torque wrenches etc. and material handling equipment i.e. overhead cranes, slings, eye bolts and pallet trucks.
- Applying all administrative procedures associated with the use of AGILE (for assembly drawings, quality reporting procedures) and IFS (for the management of product flow, investigating and correcting stock inaccuracies and cycle counting.)
- Be expected to make a full contribution to the Company's efforts to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Occasional visits to customer’s sites to assist with installation and commissioning of systems.
- Understanding Customer Orders.
- Understanding Shop Orders.
- Accept responsibility for quality of own work.
- A detailed knowledge of hand tools, tool selection.
- Electronic testing and fault diagnosis to component level.
- A strong ability to read and understand Engineering, Assembly and Manufacturing drawings.
- Computer literate with the ability to enter data into MS Excel and MS Word as well as use of email.
- Of good physical health and fitness due to the requirement of handling, moving and distributing awkward and / or heavy items.
- An Electro-mechanical / Electronic Wiring background.
- Experience with electro-mechanical and / or electronic assemblies (computers, electrical / electronic consumer goods. Experience form military, avionics and / or electronics industries.
- The candidate should be able to prove experience with assembly and disassembly of electro-mechanical componentry and / or fine wiring / soldering skills.
- The candidate should be able to prove experience with the use of basic test equipment from the above industries including fault diagnosis to module level and initiatives for product improvement.
Full relevant training will be provided. As a minimum the following qualifications would be advantageous but not prescriptive.
- GCSE or equivalent level Mathematics.
- GCSE or equivalent Science base subject, preferably Physics.
- GCSE or equivalent Craft based subject, Woodwork, Metalwork, Design, Technology.
- Experience in a production environment
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must have Right To Work in the UK.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.