Applications EngineerApply Job ID REF6828E Date posted 06/09/2022 Address Coronation Road, High Wycombe, England Job Type Full-time
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This position is located at our European headquarters in High Wycombe, UK.
The Innovation and Marketing team have a significant role to play in growing this business. By the efficient application of engineering resources, we should improve and enhance our products to provide sustainable differentiation and improved customer satisfaction. Working closely with sales and marketing teams we need to effectively promote, articulate, and evidence the value proposition of choosing an Instron testing, both internally and externally to customers.
The successful candidate will be a Junior Product Manager for the Low Force Business and will work on an area of a product’s overall development, driven by the innovation roadmap along with life cycle management of existing products.
This is a challenging role with a mix of both technically demanding and commercially complex problems to solve.
- Assist with all aspects of new product design and development under supervision??
- Ability to communicate at multiple levels on products and applications, both inside and outside the company.
- Have spent time using, testing, or working with materials testing equipment.
- Awareness of commercial pressures, competition and market trends which may influence our business performance.
- Organizational Skills: Can coordinate & juggle many projects simultaneously.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders (Support Team, Engineering, Sales, Service, Management, Web team, Design), other business units and third parties
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
- Enjoy talking to customers and learning more about how machines are used
- Comfortable in a range of roles in front of internal and external customers e.g., 1-1 interviewing, presenting, training, consulting.
- Understanding/empathy with different audience needs target markets & cultures.
- Experience in dealing with customers either directly or indirectly
- Understanding of use and application of international standards
Commercial Awareness and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to get others, over whom, no direct control is possible, to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to change thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- Competitive personality with a will to win, possessing a “can do” attitude with the necessary tenacity to achieve results.
- Understand primary business drivers and objectives of the Lowe Force Business
- Should master the whole spectrum of successful communication – from being an effective listener to being passionate promoter of their own ideas and know when to play what role.
- Analytical Approach
- Able to extract insight from data and make decision based on analysis
- Competent in use of analytical tools for processing large volumes of data
Candidates should be able to demonstrate some or all of the following experience:
- Market Knowledge: Has a broad understanding of materials testing products & applications.
- Product Knowledge: Understand the function, operation and range of systems we produce for fatigue testing.
- Customer Facing Experience: Have worked in customer facing sales related situations
- Product Management Expertise: Have direct experience of product management
- Business Analytics: Using an analytical approach to solving or identifying problems and opportunities
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or related discipline.
- Full UK driver’s license.
This is an opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact. Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, holiday purchase, medical insurance, generous pension scheme, cycle to work and electric vehicle scheme.
Instron is an equal opportunities employer.
All candidates must hold Right To Work in the UK.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.