Project EngineerApply Job ID REF4949K Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 31 Volunteer Drive, Hendersonville, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Dynatec, a division of Illinois Tool Works, designs and manufactures a full range of industrial adhesive applications for the disposable hygiene products, automotive, and packaging industries worldwide. ITW Dynatec's systems are used globally in the manufacturing of diapers and a wide range of other consumer and industrial products. The company's state-of-the-art technology is backed by a worldwide network of industry-leading customer service and support. Our vision is to put hot melt adhesive exactly where our customers want it each time, every time, better than anyone else in the world.
- Design and development of new and innovative specialty products utilizing a combination of analytical tools, evaluation and testing methods, and engineering practices to achieve project objectives (product performance, manufacturability, cost, quality, timing)
- Work with cross functional team to understand customer’s needs and translate to engineering requirements (technical quotation to customer).
- Support continuous improvement activities to enhance current products’ performance, quality, manufacturability, and cost.
- Apply the New Product Development process to plan and implement project schedules, and action plans to meet product and process development timelines. Ensure best practice approaches for project management are used and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop processes and tooling necessary to manufacture new products.
- Utilize computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs in 2D and 3D environments.
- Apply engineering expertise to write technical documents, such as design standards and operating procedures.
- Create and revise production drawings based on feedback from outside vendors or internal departments. This will include global interactions.
- Create and revise Bills of Materials. As well as create new part numbers.
- Responsible for ensuring world-class quality for assigned standard products and customizations.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Mechanical preferred
- Project Management and project engineering preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and able to prioritize workload effectively
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to travel (up to 10% travel may be required)
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and perform repetitive motion type tasks regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to endure heat.
- While performing the job functions of this position, the employee frequently works near powered motor vehicles, power tools, and automated assembly fixtures.
- While performing this position, the employee regularly uses manual and powered hand tools (electric, battery operated and/or air powered).
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs.
ITW Dynatec is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.