Inventory SpecialistApply Job ID REF5581Q Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 31 Volunteer Drive, Hendersonville, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
If you’re looking to make a real impact, come join our Inventory Management team!
ITW Dynatec, a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW), designs and manufactures a full range of industrial adhesive applications for the Packaging, Automotive, Disposable Hygiene and Specialty industries worldwide. ITW Dynatec’s systems are used globally in the manufacturing of complex applications in a wide range of consumer and industrial products. The company’s state-of-the-art technology is backed by a Customer Centric worldwide network of industry-leading operations, customer service and support. Our vision is to put hot melt adhesive exactly where our customers want it each time, every time, better than anyone else in the world.
The position will be based in our headquarters Hendersonville, TN. 15 miles northeast of downtown Nashville. As a key member of the Inventory team, the Inventory Specialist will be responsible for cycle count execution, supporting parts though inventory lifecycle and optimization of inventory management. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work closely with Engineering, Production and Customer Service.
- Maintains and ensures inventory accuracy through reporting, analysis, audits and communicates results with internal stakeholders
- Leads cross-functional teams in the creation and execution of cycle counting.
- Creates and validates ERP data (Dynamics365). Example: new part set-up, BOM entry, lead times, routes, etc.
- Recommends continuous improvement of ERP’s capability, processes to manage inventory and is key driver in implementing changes
- Builds knowledge of Dynatec product families, BOMs and assembly demands
- Generates reports, analyzes data and identifies potential impact to the business
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interest
- Partners with cross-function teams through inventories lifecycle; development, production through obsolescence
- All duties as assigned to assist in the success of the purchasing and inventory management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be advanced Excel user. Experience with data analysis, preferred.
- Experience managing or using ERP software.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to keep organized and prioritize workload effectively
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Effective oral, interpersonal and written communication
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a manufacturing environment including repetitive motion, bending, lifting, twisting, crouching, reaching, pushing and/or pulling.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion type tasks regularly such as walking, typing, using fingers and hands.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and rarely lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to endure heat.
- The ability to quickly move safely over uneven terrain
- The ability to wear personal protective gear (safety shoes, glasses, ear plugs, and gloves as needed)
- Ability to communicate with others to exchange information
- While performing the job functions of this position, the employee frequently works in an environment near powered motor vehicles, power tools, and automated assembly fixtures.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic Customer Centric global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Dynatec is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.