Strategic Sourcing ManagerApply Job ID REF2469C Date posted 05/10/2021 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will report to the Global Director of Operations and will be responsible for coordinating sourcing activities for multiple locations including Hebron, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, Washington, NC and New Castle West, Ireland.
- Deliver on annual Strategic Sourcing Goals
- Identifies strategic partners and delivers improved products and lower costs to the organization through supplier management, strategic sourcing, commodity management, and total cost principles.
- Manages supplier risk mitigation, develop dual sourcing strategy on key components.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business requirements to ensure supply base optimization and improvement to cost, quality and service.
- Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supply base and leverage entire division’s spend.
- Direct site materials managers on all sourcing related activities and commitments including the review, negotiation, and acquisition of strategic suppliers.
- Develop best practices and implement across the division.
- Forecasts price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Analyzes quotes and negotiates prices & delivery conditions with suppliers.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of work experience in sourcing, procurement, or supply chain role, or working with direct materials in a sales, engineering or operations capacity using advanced quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Analytical Skills – Enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and produce creative, effective solutions, and understands market dynamics and business requirements.
- Communication Skills – Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Ability to present to senior management, build relationships and become an influencer in major strategic decisions are critical to this position.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential in this role.
- Technical Skills – A thorough understanding of manufacturing practices and the ability to understand product specifications and features are essential for success in this position.
- Understands category buying & management process to identify improvement opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across different business units.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to think strategically and use quantitative and qualitative data to create strategies that move ITW forward.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include data entry 80% of the time. The employee may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.