Quality Engineer InternApply Job ID REF8699I Date posted 11/29/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $12.6 billion in 2020.
ITW Medical is comprised of two highly-respected medical product brands - Coeur & Filtertek – supplying medical devices and components to global medical device brands. Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control components. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
This position is a paid internship for the summer of 2023. The internship will be based in our Hebron, IL plant and will report directly to the Quality Manager. The primary deliverables are to support operations drive towards the divisional scrap goal, complaint handling and CAPA’s along with evaluating existing test equipment for their applicability as well as lead support USa project(s) to improve the training management, NVA quality reduction projects.
- Participate in the design, development and testing of new and existing products and equipment.
- Drive improvement in customer complaint handling using the 8D process.
- Conduct ongoing analyses of products and processes to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Determine the applicability of current test methods and pursue upgrading existing equipment.
- Participate in coordination and implementation of capital projects
- Training Plan/Management, NVA quality reduction projects, Incoming/Shipping/Receiving USa project.
- Investigate customer complaints from a technical perspective.
- Troubleshoot processes which are prone to be frequent or major production problems.
- Work with operations to drive towards the divisional scrap goal.
- Perform Statistical and Root Cause Analysis.
- Look for opportunities to reduce testing frequencies, repetitive testing, New test equipment upgrades…etc.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Engineering Undergraduate Student (3rd or 4th year)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail
- Proactive, Positive minded, result driven, Patience is key
- Excellent time management skills and project management abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, osrganizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications like Excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Team Player, Ability to work collaboratively with team members
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.