Process EngineerApply Job ID REF6051Z Date posted 04/07/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical is a service company providing maintenance and repair of power injectors used for imaging procedures.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support. Responsibilities include the initial development of manufacturing processes for new products and providing technical expertise for troubleshooting current manufacturing processes. The candidate should have mechanical / manufacturing aptitude ideally in areas of injection molding and/or manufacturing process development. Typical manufacturing processes include plastic injection insert molding and straight molding, sonic welding, and other automated processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Complete process development and testing through the use of a systematic process, employing Design of Experiments (DOEs) and other relevant techniques to achieve optimum manufacturing processes.
- Provide input to process specifications, equipment specifications, request for quotations, factory/site acceptance plans, engineering processes, etc.
- Provides technical consultation and support to New Product Development or Operations, regarding product designs and manufacturing process parameters and specifications.
- Using process expertise must be able to input into initial new product designs for Design for Manufacturability, Assembly and Cost.
- Specifies and/or designs/details proof of concept equipment, components or tooling as required to meet project assignments.
- Conduct process/equipment troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Ability to work closely with plant engineers, operators, and maintenance to troubleshoot machine and/or process issues and to provide training and mentoring to broaden their skills.
- Lead or coordinate the design and testing of pilot or mockup processes for proof-of-concept work.
- Coordinate and conduct validations (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Develop and implement work instructions and standardization of processes.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health regulations, along with other federal, state, and local regulations regarding environmental, industrial, and electrical mandates.
- May provide direction and training to entry level engineers and technicians to strengthen skill sets and assist in the talent development activities to ensure a strong pipeline of engineering talent.
- Assist to specify, purchase, setup, establish process on injection molding machines and all ancillary equipment.
- Provide input in tool design reviews and able to debug and put into service plastic injection molds. Communicate tool needs with Tooling vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Plastics, Biomedical or Mechanical) required.
- A minimum of 5+ years related work experience in a Process Engineering type role in a high-volume manufacturing environment required.
- Strong knowledge of injection molding and mold tooling
- Experience with medical device manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to manage strategic manufacturing projects in a broad range of technologies.
- Ability to read and understand complex instructions such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques to make independent decisions and suggestions on ways to improve services and processes and address complex issues.
- Independent and organized work style: effectively manage time and prioritize workload, adapt to change, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to carry out detailed, complex oral or written instructions
- Proven business aptitude, must be a decision-maker, willing to take calculated risks and can take advantage of business opportunities as they arise
- Possess ability to forge strong working relationships and successfully interact with operational functions, business areas, external partners, employees, and senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills
- Computer experience is preferred with knowledge of Microsoft office. AutoCAD or other drafting software experience is preferred
- Novice electrical and mechanical knowledge needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.