Mold Technician - 2nd Shift ($3,000 Sign-on Bonus)Apply Job ID REF6530A Date posted 05/16/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical is a service company providing maintenance and repair of power injectors used for imaging procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mold changeovers and repairs determining part defect, root cause and implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Preventative maintenance of injection molds by performing scheduled mold inspection which includes the disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of intricate mold tooling.
- Verify mold tooling dimensional conformance to print tolerances using component and reliable measurement techniques.
- Manage mold tooling prints.
- Document in detail work performed on mold tooling maintenance work orders.
- Setup and operate molding machinery and support equipment.
- Maintain and perform scheduled preventative maintenance functions.
- Work closely with setup technicians and operators to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Compliant with OSHA regulations.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years combined experience with plastic injection mold and tooling.
- Capabilities of making independent tooling recommendations
- Ability to effectively train technician trainees
- Must possess good communication/interpretation skills, good visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment, above basic mathematical skills, above minimum computer skill set, and reasoning ability.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and ability to adapt and learn.
- Provide own tools to perform tasks.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for full manufacturing shift, ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities
- Ability to accommodate occasional flexible schedule when required.
- Must be able to safely operate required equipment for performing job functions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.