Financial AnalystApply Job ID REF4098X Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for working collaboratively with members of the Finance, Sales, Operations and Engineering teams to provide timely financial analysis and forecast information to aid in making accurate business decisions. Timely and accurate completion of monthly accounting responsibilities. Provide financial support of 80/20 initiatives and apply the ITW principles/toolbox to improve processes. The role will report to the Finance Manager and be based in our Hebron, Illinois USA location.
- Reviewing, analyzing and interpreting financial performance vs. budget/forecast on a monthly, quarterly and YTD basis
- Monitoring and reporting on key business metrics, which include our Enterprise Wide Metrics, Customer Facing Metrics, 80/20 Segmented P&L
- Assist Finance Manager with Long Range Plan, Annual Plan and monthly outlook tasks as needed
- Application of ITW’s financial policies in providing accounting support throughout the month and during close
- Partner with Sales, Engineering and Operations to develop and support financial tools and trackers (price-cost, market analysis, etc.)
- Improve and simplify outlooking process
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the sales, engineering and operations organization as well as the facility management team
- Assist in developing detailed project analysis and model development. Prepare related forecasts and analysis to support business decisions.
- Provide financial support of 80/20 initiatives and apply the ITW principles/toolbox to improve processes.
- Takes a systematic approach to evaluate alternatives, makes fact-based decisions, evaluates the consequences of decisions
- Reviews, evaluates and prioritizes tasks/project assignments, identifies key issues and clearly communicates to management
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 1-3 years of accounting, financial analysis work experience
- Experience in designing, simplifying and BPI processes
- Strong and proactive verbal and written communication with cross-functional leadership
- Organized and results-driven
- Inquisitive and curious to explore the “why”
- Expert Excel skills and ability to create power pivot, chart, trend analysis
- Project management skills, planning and organizing
- Experience with financial modeling with a general foundation in Accounting
- Strong analytical skills and overall knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with key financial applications (Excel, HFM, Spreadsheet Server, etc.)
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.