Automation Technician - 2nd Shift ($3,000 Sign-on Bonus)Apply Job ID REF7129M Date posted 07/07/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical is a service company providing maintenance and repair of power injectors used for imaging procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup of automation presses or assembly machines.
- Set up and debug new automation as needed. Make samples for new items/customers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various assembly, automation, and mold equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and fill out relevant paperwork. Cross train with molding technicians for mold machine maintenance.
- Check and adjust parameters during changeovers and note changes for update.
- Clean automation equipment and areas.
- Replace worn equipment.
- Look for methods of improving efficiency and ensure quality standards, as part of a team.
- Assist QA with finding and implementing corrective actions from customer rejections.
- Write order requests for replenishment of inventory.
- Maintain daily electronic log for each piece of equipment. Document equipment specifications.
- Communicate with other shifts, operators, and technicians to give and receive updates on equipment status.
- Assist with training new operators.
- Assist mold techs with emptying runners, mold set ups, and setting up new cell production lines.
- Support production with an on-call status, authorized for a rotating scheduled overtime on weekends.
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Vocational Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Working knowledge of robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems; sonic welding and injection molding preferred.
- Willingness/ability to attend formal training courses to learn PLC programming if needed (employee will be paid for his/her time).
- Must possess good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, excellent visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment, above basic mathematical skills and reasoning ability.
- Able to read electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of OSHA Requirements to include Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, and Authorized Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software, email, excel, word and internet.
- Possess strong work ethic, is a self-starter, has good attendance and works successfully in team settings
- Possess dexterity and flexibility to allow for work around various machines that require crawling, kneeling, reaching, bending, and standing. Must be able to stand for a full shift (8 hours).
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds sporadically.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.