Automation EngineerApply Job ID REF8668F Date posted 11/29/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $12.6 billion in 2020.
ITW Medical is comprised of two highly-respected medical product brands - Coeur & Filtertek – supplying medical devices and components to global medical device brands. Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control components. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Must be able to lead a team and give direction throughout the course of a project, including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the design, program and debugging of PLC, HMI and robot software.
- Must have solid software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Assist outside contractors to ensure quality and function of electrical systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and present conclusions.
- Ability to perform all expected tasks under general supervision.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Management of assigned projects, including responsibility for budget and timeline
- Experience with automation design, troubleshooting, working with vendors.
- Coordination of all activities on assigned projects, ensuring on-time completion
- Work closely with customers, vendors and internal stakeholders during project execution
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead continuous improvement projects related to existing products, processes and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related years of experience required.
- Experience in Injection Molding, Automation and high-volume manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working with design vendors including holding them accountable to specifications and project requirements
- Independently tests, analyzes and solves technical problems
- Possesses excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously make strategic decisions.
- Must possess comprehension and reasoning skills used to understand and collect data, interpret technical instructions, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project (or other project management software).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.