Applications EngineerApply Job ID REF6208D Date posted 04/23/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical is a service company providing maintenance and repair of power injectors used for imaging procedures.
The Application Engineer will reside in Hebron, IL and will report to the Sales Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting the sales account managers by means of communicating technical information with the customer and internal product engineers. This position will have direct communications with customers and suppliers to obtain the best solution for projects by applying knowledge of engineering principles to develop, design, engineer and validate products. This role requires some product design for new parts and assemblies with varying degrees of complexity, knowledge of appropriate materials and high degree of creativity, but most of the responsibility will be in working with the customer to define the application, identify the best solution and communicate with the design team on the requirements. This role requires software design and analysis capabilities, personal flexibility, and the ability to manage multiple projects and work with several stakeholders.
- Be the “go-to” for the sales team as a first point of contact for technical training, guidance and customer engineering activity (project definition).
- Attend sales and engineering meetings to support product development at customer locations.
- Initial concept generation in 3D CAD to enable ongoing discussions with both internal engineering team and external customer team
- Manage and coordinate project assignments with the Sales and Engineering Teams to meet specific customer requirements. Transfer projects to the Engineering teams through clear communication of customer technical requirements.
- Ensure product designs meet or exceed customer, manufacturing, and financial requirements.
- Support customer launch activities, as necessary.
- Benchmark competitive products.
- Consolidate engineering knowledge for efficient coordination and execution of technical training presentations (external and internal).
- Provide initial evaluation of quality concerns at local customer facilities; transfer information and insights to the Quality Department for full coordinated response.
- Perform basic testing of products in application at the Hebron facility, to help build the customer relationship
- Provide application expertise through technical sales visits at customers.
- Conduct due diligence for capital expenditures of existing parts.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Driven and motivates others to excel. Curious to find new opportunities and projects.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Work efficiently without significant supervision.
- Knowledge and use in 3D Software; Solidworks preferred
- Medical industry experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with ability and willingness to communicate, and work with other regions.
- <20% travel; primarily domestic and occasionally world-wide.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.