Advanced Process and Tooling EngineerApply Job ID REF7296J Date posted 07/23/2022 Address 11411 Price Road, Hebron, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Ignite your full potential! At ITW, we think and act like entrepreneurs. We embrace autonomy, make our own decisions, and take ownership to create innovative solutions for the world's biggest and most influential brands.
We are everywhere. You may not know us, but you can see us everywhere. The products we manufacture and the solutions we design are all around you – from automotive components in your car, to state-of-the-art dishwashers, ovens and refrigerators in your favorite restaurants and hotels. The buildings where you live and work are built with ITW construction and welding products, and our ITW test and measurement solutions help to ensure the quality and safety of millions of products. quality testing solutions analyze the products you use every day.
We are global and diverse. Across our seven business segments we offer access to challenging opportunities in high-growth industries and markets all around the world.
We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
This position reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Manager and is responsible for the management and implementation of new projects and equipment associated with the processing and tooling of manufacturing based in Hebron, IL. In addition, this position will support operations in continuous improvement initiatives on end-of-life tooling. This individual will utilize the ITW Toolbox in implementation of these projects and support compliance with Quality System standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with customers to understand requirements.
- Assist with short and long term plans for improvement.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage budget and ensure on time completion for assigned projects.
- Support the Advanced Manufacturing Manager in the creation of Capital Project requests.
- Utilize knowledge of injection molding to propose modifications as necessary.
- Coordinate tool validation and startup of full-scale production.
- Initiate RFQ’s and maintain file on performance of mold tooling, auxiliaries, and molding machine vendors.
- Partner with New Product Development team to ensure part manufacturability.
- Participate in all design review meetings (e.g. product design, quote review, manufacturing problems, quality issues, FMEA, etc.).
- Support continuous process improvement initiatives across the Division as needed.
- Support changes to the tooling, machines, and/or processes so that all areas of the manufacturing floor are maximized.
- Documentation creation of FATs and SATs on all new equipment.
- Support new SCADA/paperless initiatives.
- Support quality and engineering in the APQP process.
- Partner with Engineering and operations teams in generating manufacturing innovation and intellectual property.
- Support Advanced Manufacturing Manager through regular vendor and company management updates and progress reports for assigned projects.
- Understanding of the APQP process preferred.
- Leverage all resources to monitor, understand, and improve molding technologies that support the business to achieve financial objectives through improved quality and efficiencies.
- Provide training on new programs and general best molding practices.
- Drive organization to world class processing operation.
- Follows all safety guidelines when onsite at a production facility.
- Travel to other facilities as necessary; up to 25% based on workload.
- BS Engineering (Mechanical, Plastics or Technology) and/or comparable work experience level.
- 3-5 years of experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing environment (including processing, material fundamentals, automation experience, molding machine and tool experience).
- RJG Master Molder certificate preferred.
- Understanding of tool making best practices preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical prints and electrical schematics preferred.
- Experience in Injection Molding and high-volume manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of the APQP process preferred.
- Experience in capital equipment projects justification, selection, and installation.
- Excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.