Business Development Manager (Thin Films Market)Apply Job ID REF3595X Date posted 09/16/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Business Development Manager supporting market growth of our products directed to the Thin Films / Coatings segment. Brooks has manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
Engage with key strategic customers to promote and support the sales of Brooks Instruments’ product offering to Thin Film/Coating Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) around the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and prioritize opportunities for increased sales of Brooks products and services with Thin Film/Coating OEMs, End Users and Automation providers
- identifying key decision makers
- understanding their current MFC supplier, control scheme, product requirements, automation techniques/methodology, other process instrumentation and unmet needs/pain points
- determine their new product design cycle and costs associated with making a supplier change on current equipment
- Increase Brooks overall awareness and presence in Thin Film/Coating market segment. Recommend future product strategy, bundling strategies and acquisition avenues based on entire coating process flow and trends.
- Partner with local sales team and industry experts (sale agent, distributor or employee) to understand the OEM’s organization, their design cycle, pain points, customer base and business strategy.
- Summarize, track and report out on opportunities with target OEMs and End User investments.
- Translate customer's needs into solutions using Brooks’ products and services.
- Manage projects; work closely with engineering, operations and quality to ensure products and services are meeting customer's requirements. Conduct Thin Film/Coating specific training to Brooks internal team increasing technical knowledge, acumen, lingo, stakeholders and future technical requirements.
- Monitor the competitive environment to identify threats and opportunities.
- Work with product and sales management to recommend pricing strategies to maximize Brooks' opportunities for market share, penetration and profit.
- Travel to understand customer’s needs, support account activity, maintain product awareness, provide training and support trade shows.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS in business or engineering required; MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of related experience preferred.
- PC knowledge with Microsoft Windows and Office preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of industrial systems and processes, ability to understand and communicate technical information and an understanding of marketing responsibilities including product portfolio, price, promotion and distribution preferred.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.