Systems and Automation EngineerApply Job ID REF7564H Date posted 08/16/2022 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Systems and Automation Engineer. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Lead the design, test, and troubleshoot of automated test systems for Brooks Instrument’s high-volume manufacturing lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and architecture of electro-mechanical test stands for the manufacturing of precision flow control instruments.
- Develop and maintain documentation for new and existing systems, including developing CAD mechanical models, electrical and wiring schematics, P&ID, and bill of materials.
- Work with stakeholders to understand test specifications and create concise requirements for the software engineering and hardware groups.
- Able to interpret equipment specifications, complex drawings, schematics, and follow machine control software.
- Oversee stand development and lead the testing, troubleshooting, and integration of assemblies and sub-components.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering, and service organizations to implement and validate advance manufacturing processes into production.
- Provide support to global manufacturing and service centers with troubleshooting and solving test stand issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to create and improve processes through analysis of manufacturing operations.
- Proficient understanding algorithms and/or programming code. Familiar with PLC Ladder logic, C#, VB6, VB.Net, or other languages. LabVIEW programming experience a plus.
- Mechanical CAD experience designing fixtures desired (SolidWorks and AutoCAD).
- Experience with measurement and laboratory equipment, as well as data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge of software/hardware configuration and troubleshooting on Windows-based PCs, SQL and MS Access databases.
- Knowledge deploying and troubleshooting equipment on field networks (RS-485 Modbus and DeviceNET), as well RS-232 and Ethernet-based networks.
- Capable to install and replace mechanical components and fix wiring issues, if needed.
- Able to get along with others in a team environment. This individual shall possess great interpersonal skills to work along technicians and engineers.
- Follow all safety protocols and pursue best design practices.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science and 4+ years of production equipment design or manufacturing engineering experience required.
- Proven experience designing and documenting electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience designing/troubleshooting fluid systems (pneumatic or compressed gas) highly desired.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.