Supply Chain AnalystApply Job ID REF2695Z Date posted 06/08/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Supply Chain Analyst. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Supply Chain Analyst is a highly visible position that creates impact by using data to help drive business decisions. Data analysis, business understanding and supplier relationships are the tools used by the Supply Chain Analyst to identify improvement areas and propose changes. Responsible for compiling and analyzing Brooks’ supplier spend data, Brooks’ operational performance data and Brooks’ supplier performance data. Maintaining and improving KPI dashboards related to this data as well as leading monthly report out meetings to Brooks management are key aspects of this role. Responsible for working with suppliers in ensuring continuous supply of parts to Brooks in support of excellent operational execution. The position involves working closely with cross functional teams within Brooks including Materials, Sourcing, Operations, Logistics, IT and Business Units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, validate and publish monthly supplier performance reports, working closely with functional data owners and IT to ensure accurate and timely availability of metrics.
- Prepare, validate and publish monthly operational performance reports, working closely with functional data owners and IT to ensure accurate and timely availability of metrics.
- Lead monthly report outs on supplier and operational performance to Brooks management
- Understand and communicate component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings.
- Optimize value delivery from suppliers. Prepare material reports to show status of current inventory and shortages.
- Assist supplier follow up with OTD/PPM improvements.
- Forecast supply vulnerabilities and implement plans to insure continuity of supply.
- Execute plans to assure continuous supply of quality goods and services
- Execute plans to combat market changes and challenges
- Manage and monitor material changes for compliance to quality and technical standards.
- Research and locate component stocks available worldwide and provide recommendation to Sourcing/Materials.
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver optimized Total Cost of Ownership and continuous cost improvement
- Investigate and become a subject matter expert in the supply market for key commodities.
- Evaluate supply, quality and price risks, and supplier capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices, Brooks Values and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Communicate as necessary with materials, manufacturing and other Brooks' locations regarding supplier order prioritization, status and export documentation requirements relating to both inter-company & customer direct shipments.
- Ensure accuracy of all data fields in MAPICS (HTS Code, Country of Origin, Price, Lead times, etc) for existing items and newly created item masters.
- Facilitate timely US customs clearance of imports by providing necessary information to carriers/brokers
- Ensure data integrity and consistency of all published operational and supply chain metrics based on analysis of what Brooks purchases, from whom and at what price/volume levels. Use knowledge of business process to ensure that On Time Delivery (OTD) and Inventory metrics are being reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with functional owners to ensure the reliability of the metrics.
- Work closely with teams in all Brooks facilities to implement and track cost savings initiative
- Measure and review supplier performance and lead specified supplier continuous improvement programs.
- Measure and review Brooks’ operational performance and lead specified operational continuous improvement programs.
- Support other company continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance and is able to get along in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Technical, or Engineering disciplines preferred.
- Extensive computer skills, with excellent abilities specifically on Microsoft platforms (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, Power BI skills desired.
- ERP exposure preferred. AS400 exposure highly desired.
- Lean Six Sigma background or certification preferred. ITW Toolbox exposure highly desired.
- High degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Training in effective negotiations, procurement, contract law, MRP, and presentations preferred.
- Demonstrated pursuit of continuing education in procurement and/or materials management.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.