Quality ManagerApply Job ID REF3667N Date posted 09/15/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Quality Manager. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Develop, revise and implement quality standards and policies to maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and consistently meeting the required international and business standards. Provide support to all departments for all aspects of Quality Engineering, Inspection, Metrology, Document Control. Drive continuous improvement with using lean principles and ITW toolbox.
Responsible to oversee and ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained. Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer quality requirements throughout the organization and report to management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
Be a change agent by using available process and production information. Assist with establishing data collection where necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the quality engineering team and provide leadership to effectively implement improvements throughout the company.
- Lead the activities of the Inspection team (incoming and in -process) and assist addressing daily and current inspection challenges.
- Drive quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
- Set Quality Assurance compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Utilize a systematic root cause analysis methodology on quality issues and ensure timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Direct quality activities to ensure that the company’s products conform to required standards.
- Monitor product performance (both field and production) using SPC and other techniques to identify trends and drive improvements of products, processes or standards as necessary.
- Assess effectiveness of overall Quality Management System including manufacturing activities through internal process audits driving corrective and preventative action as needed.
- Assist in new product development and introduction to establish quality standards prior to initial production. Involvement with ECN approvals.
- Understanding and use of structured problem solving tools (5 whys, Paretos, fishbone diagrams) and other quality tools such as FMEA, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing.
- Monitor quality performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports. Lead positive change using said data.
- Lead corrective action initiatives. Ensure proposed solutions are meaningful and beneficial to the organization
- Perform quality assessments and manage the internal quality audit function.
- Effectively interact with the multi-disciplined organization.
- Work with Production to maintain product supply.
- Work with purchasing and supplier quality to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with relevant national and international standards, including governmental codes and regulations.
- Assure Key Quality Metrics are in place and communicated throughout the organization
- Provide frequent reporting to management at set intervals.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with all other departments.
- Support other manufacturing sites by providing guidance and best practices, when necessary.
- Manage the scheduling and archiving training records companywide using available software.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5- 10 years management experience of a quality control or quality engineering function.
- Direct work experience in a related process instrumentation industry desired.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.