Quality EngineerApply Job ID REF4047G Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Quality Engineer. Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
Responsible for ensuring that Brooks’ design and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the appropriate tools, materials, and processes. Responsible for quality control activities including planning, development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for manufacturing finished product. This individual must be self-directed, highly motivated, and organized with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills. They must also possess the ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously in a cross functional team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs quality engineering functions, quality audits and sets quality standards for both in-process and finished products and materials.
- Participate in the maintenance of ISO 9001 documentation, perform internal quality system audits to identify and correct deficiencies or non-conformances, and provide Quality Certificate support as needed.
- Develop sampling plans, design forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data, and write instructions on the use of such forms.
- Participate in the review of customer documentation to identify and ensure fulfillment of customer requirements (i.e. copy exact).
- Participate in the review of design, manufacturing, and test documentation to ensure that applicable system and contract quality requirements are met.
- Initiate plans, procedures, and/or actions to prevent/eliminate product and systemic quality problems.
- Prepare slides for regular Quality review meetings. Participate in regular quality improvement meetings.
- Develop and administer department quality information, including the auditing of quality plans to permit identification and correction of deficiencies.
- Verify and approve all department operation instructions and provide the necessary support for a complete understanding of the operation instructions and their application.
- Participate in customer visits, surveys, and audits.
- Coordinate and evaluate annual product validations.
- Coordinate the timely resolution of customer quality issues and response to customers.
- Analyze customer complaints and field failures. Coordinate corrective action (8D), follow-up, and reporting. Support customer update meetings.
- Track and follow-up corrective and preventive action (CAPA), customer complaint (CC), failure analysis (FA) and similar cases in Trackwise.
- Perform project-specific tasks as required (e.g., customer required first article inspection, qualification test failure analysis, etc.) to ensure compliance to individual project requirements.
- Drive and/or support resolution of internal/external quality issues by interfacing with cross functional team members; production, engineering, other teams as needed.
- Assist in the resolution of supplier quality problems as needed.
- Initiate engineering deviation requests and product change notices.
- Data collection, analysis, and reports to understand/improve operational & quality performance, and to reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Develop/monitor first pass yield reports, scrap reports, and process audit reports.
- Employ statistical process controls and techniques to reduce scrap/rework and to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality cost concepts are understood and executed.
- Perform analysis of data, using SPC techniques, charts, pareto, histograms, etc.
- Prepare and present analysis results/charts in Power-point/presentation format.
- Write queries and prepare reports from Trackwise data.
- Maintain and collect data for tracking various Operational and Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Disposition discrepant material in a manner that ensures product quality and adherence to system requirements.
- Determine that manufacturing processes and equipment have enough capability to meet customer quality requirements by analyzing capability studies, control charts, and other statistical data.
- Participate in and/or drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Reports on complex quality analyses, product or process non-conformance issues, and recommends and/or implements necessary corrective actions and procedure changes.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
- Quality representative in the cross functional team responsible for new product development.
- In line with Brooks’ zero accident safety policy, maintain and enhance department safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in an engineering discipline required, with quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing facility required; preferably experience in an ISO 9001/ third party certified manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Project management experience and ASQ certification as a Quality Engineer desired.
- Experience in process writing, flow-charting required.
- Knowledgeable in understanding and application of statistics principles. Use statistical analysis to determine process performance and drive improvement activities.
- Experience is performing data/statistical analysis using Excel, Minitab or similar statistical programs.
- Strong MS Excel skills required. Minitab experience a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing or test environment preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Training in interpersonal relationships, team building, group dynamics, and task coordination desired.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must be diplomatic and sensitive in all communications with external contacts (Customers, Suppliers, Registrars, Assessors/Auditors, etc.) when coordinating quality improvement and corrective action activities.
- Some domestic and/or international travel is required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.