Mechanical EngineerApply Job ID REF337M Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Engineer. This position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
This opening is for a Mechanical Engineer to work as a key member of the Sustaining Engineering Team. The engineer will be tasked to improve the quality, manufacturability, cost, and performance of mechanical flow measurement and control technologies (sensors, valves, meter bodies, flow elements, enclosures, etc.) used in Brooks legacy flow and pressure products. This individual must be self-directed, highly motivated, and organized with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. They must also possess the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a cross functional team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve mechanical product designs and processes for MFCs and variable area meters in line with customer and marketing requirements.
- Direct the design and modifications to molded, welded, etched, stamped, machined, and extruded components.
- Give direction to the design of special variants of legacy product platforms.
- Develop and/or interpret complex CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks and Siemens NX.
- Use Mapics and Team Center to maintain and archive product documentation.
- Initiate and assist in implementation of Engineering Change Notices.
- Give direction to and/or perform the validation testing of mechanical design changes by coordinating with the reliability group.
- Provide input to the improvement to the product build and test processes.
- Follow Brooks’ current and future best practices for mechanical designs.
- Participate in mechanical design process improvement initiatives.
- Support the company’s continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
- In line with Brooks’ zero accident safety policy, maintain and enhance department safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to lead and make technical contributions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to learn, and an effective team player in a global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills.
- Ability to generate engineering standards.
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required, MS in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design is required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.