Machinist (1st Shift)Apply Job ID REF1713B Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Machinist (1st shift). This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Perform standard, specialized manual, and 3 & 4 axis CNC machining responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Develop in house cutting tools for all departments, which include design and fabrication using CAD system and generate design prints.
- Design productions fixtures that increase productivity. Acquire quotes from outside vendors for new fixtures that cannot be made in house due to production schedules and machining center availability. This includes detailed DXF’s of all fixtures sent to perspective vendors. Follow-up phone conversations and personal visits to vendors to clarify any details, this will facilitate the quotation process which, in turn, achieves a better price and lead time.
- Design production tools and tool holders keeping in mind cost and efficiency using the same methodology defined above in line 3.
- Track usage of all in-house inspection gauges and equipment, order replacement gauges as required, and taking substantial gauges out of service.
- Push change, keeping in mind cost and schedule demands.
- Set-up and operate manual and CNC equipment when required.
- Support company continual improvement initiatives.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along with others in a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tools and Equipment
Familiarity with the following tools and machines: lathe, turn table, welding torch, vice, wrenches, jig fixtures, arbor press, Bridgeport and CNC machine tools.
Education and Experience
- Certified Journeyperson
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of Machinist experience
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, layouts, and follow verbal instruction.
- Ability to design and fabricate using CAD system
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.