Industrial Business Unit Engineering DirectorApply Job ID REF3610X Date posted 09/10/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Industrial Business Unit Engineering Director. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Engineering Director is responsible for managing a cross-functional engineering team and budget to achieve new product development objectives for Brooks’ flow measurement and control product families. The Engineering Director, in close coordination with Product Marketing, is responsible for executing ITW’s Customer Back Innovation process to gather customer input and release new products that address customer pain points with realizable value. In addition, the Engineering Director participates in defining and pursuing the Technology roadmap
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a group of cross-functional contributors to support new product development projects.
- Ensures all functional teams are creating and driving best engineering practices.
- Creates and enforces best practices for project management.
- Identifies resource gaps and supports hiring.
- Establishes goals with direct reports and provides written performance feedback at established company intervals.
- Manages coordination of engineering resources, including implementation plans to assigned projects.
- Works closely with business unit leaders and product managers to establish project priorities.
- Communicates regularly with executive team and business unit leaders on development project status, including schedule, budget, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Supports leadership team in budget planning and forecasting for Annual and Long Range Plans.
- Participates in the research and analysis of data such as design proposals, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application while adhering to project timing.
- Researches and provides feedback to business leaders on promising areas of research or technology that address current needs and have larger potential markets.
- Utilizes originality, ingenuity, and creativity to manage complex and large scope project assignments.
- Maintains and enhances department safety policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering required (mechanical, electrical, or other related discipline); MS Engineering or MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience required in design, manufacturing, and/or test.
- Previous management experience required.
- Experience in flow controls industry preferred.
- Excellent communicator who exhibits strong, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook required.
- An assertive, results-oriented leader who is a consummate team player and who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.