Facilities & EHS ManagerApply Job ID REF3641E Date posted 09/14/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Facilities & EHS Manager. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Provide effective leadership and supervision for all EHS (environmental, health & safety) and facilities initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Safety / Environmental
- Coordinate Company EHS programs to ensure a safe work environment consistent with all regulatory, environmental, and operational needs.
- Assist management in understanding governmental safety and environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance.
- Act as ranking Company representative in dealing with government agencies on safety and environmental issues affecting the Company.
- Develop accident prevention and loss-control systems, programs, and related training for incorporation into operational policies of the organization.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs, including PPE policies, safe work permitting, and lock out tag out.
- Investigate workplace injuries and incidents makes recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Work with trade and professional organizations to promote goals and objectives in the EHS area that affect the Company’s business. This includes maintaining relationships with local fire departments and rescue teams to assure effective information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Assess new developments in the EHS field that may have application to the Company’s operations.
- Establish target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost-control objectives.
- Serve as the leader of the Company Safety Committee and trusted advisor for all EHS matters.
- Manage Facilities employees at both the Hatfield and Trevose locations.
- Act as a trusted resource for all Brooks personnel with Facilities related issues and concerns
- Ensure that building and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations and fiscal considerations.
- Develop, implement, and review maintenance logs.
- Conduct routine facility inspections and provides a summary of recommendations to staff management team.
- Evaluate short and long-term needs in relation to major facility projects and property improvements.
- Plan, execute and monitor all facility and property improvement projects
- Coordinate, arrange, and supervise the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance actions in accordance with operational needs and financial considerations.
- Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Develop, implement, and review equipment records.
- Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely preventive repair of equipment.
- Secure major equipment bids and make recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
- May arrange for or provide training for personnel as it relates to the safety or maintenance needs of the organization. This may entail providing staff training in a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, safe equipment operations, fire safety training, etc.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Health & Safety Management, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field required.
- 3-5 years experience in a facilities management and/or safety/environmental management role. Certification level training on OSHA standards along with industrial hygiene and environmental requirements.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.