Engineering TechnicianApply Job ID REF4331Y Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Engineering Technician. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Support the assembly, testing, validation and reliability of new and sustaining products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, test and validate prototype and pilot builds.
- Support engineers by executing test plans and generating thorough documentation.
- Develop manufacturing processes for new products using sound engineering principles. Research, design, modify and test manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Assist with sustaining tests that address marketing special requests or investigate sustaining engineering issues. Initiate, validate and implement engineering design and process change orders as required.
- Design of basic electromechanical equipment for testing use.
- Participate in Company continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 2-year technical engineering degree required (Electro-Mechanical degree preferred)
- Basic understanding of pressure, flow and electrical circuitry required
- Manufacturing, engineering or related work experience preferred, entry level acceptable
- Mechanical aptitude skills to set up mechanical and electronic laboratory equipment
- Strong MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Basic LabVIEW™ programming skills a plus
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.