Continuous Improvement EngineerApply Job ID REF1515W Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Continuous Improvement Engineer. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Responsible for leading and supporting continuous improvement initiatives with Brooks. Lead continuous improvement (ITW toolbox) projects, coach and train employees on the tools, lead the global and site-level continuous improvement steering committees and be an active participant in shop floor improvement activities, such as the Gemba process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to implement continuous improvement activities.
- Deliver practical, hands-on training to company personnel at all levels in various ITW toolbox and continuous improvement concepts, tools and methods.
- Lead the global and site-level continuous improvement project steering committees. Work with project leaders to communicate project scope, status and results to Brooks’ upper management. Identify and escalate project roadblocks, as necessary.
- Ensure sustained improvement by creating documents, such work instructions, process maps and standard work document.
- Directly involved in supporting process improvements and changes by providing technical support in the form of process evaluations, time studies, layout designs, etc.
- Apply a structured problem solving mechanism, such as 8D or 5-why analysis to business problems, driving to root causes and ensure corrective actions are robust.
- Interface with continuous improvement engineers at other Brooks and ITW locations to share best practices and coordinate project efforts.
- Publish a monthly Tool Box Gazette to recognize project teams for their efforts and communicate success stories to the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively with and communicate well with employees at all levels of the company.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering.
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Previous experience with lean manufacturing/continuous improvement implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to manipulate and summarize data using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with leading projects and/or functional areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Visio.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.