Buyer / PlannerApply Job ID REF3562T Date posted 09/08/2021 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Buyer / Planner. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
Buyer / Planner responsibilities are to review, and schedule work orders based on capacity and material availability to satisfy customer demands. To execute Purchase Order releases for the demands associated with his or her assigned commodities. The Buyer / Planner is to utilize the ERP systems to plan, purchase, schedule and coordinate business requirements necessary for on-time production. Function within policies and guidelines set forth by the Organization, establish production schedules and coordinate sources of supply for assigned material commodities with regard to total cost, quality, timely delivery and reliability. Buyer / Planner will have ownership of all the Inventory associated with the assigned commodities [item classes].
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plan / Purchase and schedule production activities to achieve customer needs, marketing requirements, inventory and service level objectives while always ensuring a continuous production flow to manufacturing.
- Based on business activity level, provide sales and business teams lead times for products.
- Based on business activity level, manage the inventory to meet set goals for active, slow and obsolete inventory, while ensuring high levels of on-time delivery to customer requests.
- Review schedules in production meeting to report the status of the supply chain. Advises appropriate individuals and departments of any delivery deviations that effect scheduled manufacturing orders.
- Manage supply chain and production activity to ensure lead-times are maintained at a competitive level. Use macro level activity trending to recommend changes to resource levels.
- Facilitate and encourage use of toolbox i.e. MRD and/or Kanban (visual inventory management from shop-floor), in-lining and USA in production. Demonstrate use of these techniques in various aspects of the job.
- Release shop floor orders to production and strive to maximize on time delivery performance of assigned product line, use Auto Scheduling when possible.
- Understand and communicate component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings.
- Achieves metrics and objectives while working successfully in a team environment.
- Regular attendance and the ability to follow all safety procedures.
- Processes Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) in a timely manner and updates open Purchase Orders with suppliers to ensure correct revision levels are produced and delivered to Brooks.
- Supports and manages assigned commodities which are identified in MRB, processes returns and ensures timely replacement and/or credit is processed from supplier.
- Supports and implements company continuous improvement initiatives to ensure departmental goals and metrics are met.
- Functioning within policies and guidelines set forth by the Brooks Instrument Division/ITW.
- Follows all Brooks attendance and safety procedures.
- Successfully performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years professional experience in a manufacturing environment, which includes Planning, Buying and Inventory Control functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines.
- Comfortable with the use of computers and other electronic media including an understanding of word processing and Excel spreadsheet software. Effective written and verbal communication.
- Highly adaptable and flexible to accept new ideas, people, and procedures and adapt to a changing environment. The ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Professional Certification APICS/CPIM.
- Experience with AS400 / MAPICS ERP highly desirable
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.