Business Analyst / ProgrammerApply Job ID REF5B Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 407 West Vine Street, Hatfield, PA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Business Analyst / Programmer. This position will be based out of our headquarters location at Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
- MAPICS / XA applications support in an iSeries / AS400 environment.
- Work with ERP users and other business owners to make improvements to business process affecting the global organization.
- Work with ERP system users and other business owners to analyze problems, make recommendations and provide programmed solutions as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Brooks ERP application (MAPICS)
- Assist in the integration of computer applications with the ERP environment
- Assist with the deployment and upgrade of the ERP application
- Ensure ERP programs use system resources efficiently. (memory, processing and storage)
- Document user requirements, programs, and test results in a clear and concise manner.
- Use project management techniques to ensure delivery of IT projects by the scheduled project completion date.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience programming on using SQL, XML and Java.
- Prior experience supporting an ERP application in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent organizational as well as verbal and written communications skills. Be able to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop applications and systems.
- Ability to participate and lead department and/or company continuous improvement process teams.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- Minimum requirement Associates degree Information Technology or related area required; BS degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of computer programming experience on an iSeries (AS400) platform required.
- Experience with MAPICS / XA applications support is desirable.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.