Supply Chain - Logistics InternshipApply Job ID REF3685J Date posted 09/17/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW Hartness is looking for a Summer 2022 Logistics Intern. As a Logistics Intern, you will perform a variety of functions as it relates to supply chain, part life cycle, and process improvement. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in an office and warehouse environment while performing hands on work.
ITW Hartness is proud to offer a robust Summer Internship program. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites to see our product in action, while also networking with other departments and company leadership. You will also have the opportunity to meet interns from other divisions and tour other ITW businesses. Apply today to be a part of the ITW Intern Experience!
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
What you will do:
- Conduct time studies
- Improve process flow by understanding the life cycle of parts
- Gain valuable business and operating experience
Typical Projects include:
- Obtain hands-on experience by conducting time studies to determine how to eliminate nonvalue added practices and techniques by implementing new innovative methods.
- Gaining a greater understanding of manufacturing processes and logistics techniques by working to streamline the path of parts from receiving to delivery to decrease transit time.
- Becoming familiar with corporate process and product improvement skills and use those tools to innovate, reduce costs, optimize processes, and develop solutions for our customers
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or Business from an accredited university
- Innovation: ability to work alone and with others to develop new concepts and solve problems
- Troubleshooting: have a methodical and logical mindset through process. Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Work ethic: willingness to put forth the effort required to get the job done, while upholding high ethical standards. Work well with others in a team environment.
Experience with the following software applications:
- Infor / AS400
- Microsoft Office Suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.