Senior Project ManagerApply Job ID REF1424E Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the engineering team, the Senior Project Manager reports to the Project Management Manager and is responsible for executing multifaceted projects with our customers. This position is the primary customer contact and is also responsible for leading, planning and administering multiple complex projects (Typically $5 MM plus) through completion to drive targeted margins while building and maintaining professional relationships with our customers. This position coordinates between the customer, sales, engineering, and manufacturing to ensure the project results meet the customer's technical and lead time requirements. This position understands our machine standards strategy, delivers leading application design and project management services. The individual in this position will leverage customer relationships to influence project success and future business and will provide leadership to the project teams.
The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Primary customer contact and responsible for leading, planning, and executing multiple complex projects through successful completion.
- Approval of project budget and full understanding of customer contract to drive project closure.
- Managing project schedules, drive accountability that supports the critical milestones.
- Change management including mitigation of risks and influence of the key stakeholders.
- Present full project summaries to management and leadership.
- Lead highly complex internal and external cross functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, sales, finance, and service on projects.
- Effectively monitor and draw conclusions from project financials, forecasts, and drive the increase of profitability.
- Managing change order requests and identifying opportunities to increase scope/margin
- Leading Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and customer visits.
- Drive project closeout procedures through completion to obtain client acceptance and trigger payments.
- Create OEM and contractor specification packages, review and award contracts.
- Responsible for OEM management, integration details, resource planning, and on time deliveries.
- Conduct site surveys and execute customer kick off meetings.
- Manage startup activities, installation contractors, and execute field reports.
- Create site acceptance testing procedure, manage site resources, record line data, and gain customer acceptance.
- Lead 80/20 workshops and ITW Toolbox projects to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities including 360 project reviews.
- Teach, mentor, and coach less experienced team members on project execution procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree with equivalent experience, or 12 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience within project management and experience managing complex manufacturing projects.
- Strong ability to produce results within a team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general accounting and revenue recognition practices to accurately provide detailed financial outlooks.
- Confident with financial data analysis and budget planning.
- Strong ability to define a problem, determine root cause, and develop corrective action plan.
- Develops a range of technical solutions autonomously and in partnership with internal functions and external bodies (i.e. suppliers, vendors, and customers).
- Ability to clearly present technical information in and to lead project/team meetings
- Ability to develop talent through coaching and mentoring to motivate others to excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive sustainable results through continuous improvement and ITW Toolbox initiatives.
- Effectively applies the ITW Toolbox and project management best practices in all activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel when necessary ~25%
- Industry experience with secondary packaging machinery and line layout development with emphasis on the core markets that we serve which are food, beverage and personal and household care.
- Experience with capital equipment project execution, including project financial management.
- PMP Certified
- Understanding of IL6S attributes, procedures, and formats
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.